There’s a lot of talk these days about a “Mastermind” group.
What exactly is a Mastermind Group, and should you be a part of one?
Are You Hanging Around the Right People?
Jim Rohn is famous for saying: “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.”
A mastermind group is designed to help you navigate through challenges using the collective intelligence of others. Mastermind groups are relatively new to most people, even though Napoleon Hill created the concept around 75 years ago with his book, Think and Grow Rich.
How Does it Work?
If you are going to grow as a leader and live a life of success and significance, it’s critical that you surround yourself with the right people.
You want to surround yourself with people who are growing and who can offer their wisdom, accountability and personal connections as a resource.
It’s important that when you’re a part of a Mastermind you seek to give just as much, if not more, than you take.
People in a Mastermind lean on each other, give advice, share connections and do business with each other when it’s appropriate. Some meet weekly, others meet monthly or even quarterly. Many come together in person for live events.
Success Is NOT a solo journey
Connecting with like-minded people is a necessary competent of success. Living a life of significance and intentionality is never a solo journey. We need other people to excel. A rich life is one that has deep and healthy relationships.
The connections, friendships and business ideas that flow through a Mastermind are lasting and limitless. You’ll grow faster than you could have ever done on your own.
Inspire, Encourage, Equip
Bottom line, if you are going to be successful in life and business, you need a community of sharp people around you who practice what they preach and who will push you to reach your highest potential as you serve others. You need people who will inspire, encourage and empower you to be your best self.
- Bigger Thinking – You’ll stretch beyond your own boundaries when you surround yourself with people who think big.
- Constant Learning – The way to grow is to consistently learn. People who are continual learners end up becoming the best leaders. The more we learn, the more we realize how little we know.
- Collaboration – Being in a Mastermind group gives you the opportunity to share ideas freely with other sharp people. Being in a Mastermind is not about competition, rather it’s about collaboration.
- Advisement – It’s like having your own personal board of directors.
- Connections – Being able to tap into the resources & ideas of like-minded people can help you in extraordinary ways. Plus you’ll gain the power of community and visibility.
A Fun Interview with Best Selling Author, Dan Miller about the Power of a Mastermind
In the video interview below, my business coach and Mastermind leader, Dan Miller addresses questions like:
- What is a Mastermind Group?
- What’s the difference between a free group and a paid group?
- Why should I continue growing?
For more information on my Leading Ladies Mastermind, click here.
For more information on Dan Miller’s 48 Days Mastermind, click here.
If you are a man looking to join a Mastermind, visit View From The Top, Aaron Walker at viewfromthetop.com